- FTC Disclaimer
- Design Teams (Past and Present)
- All About Me and my Social Media Links
- Pam Bray Designs Stamps with Blank Page Muse
- Pam Bray Designs with Emerald Creek Craft Supplies
- Pam Bray Design: A Girl with Flair Paper Collections with Wild Whisper
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Technique Tuesday "Heat Embossing" , Hints and Techniques -Enjoy the Jouney Card
1. Use a Static Bag and wipe over the paper where you plan to emboss.
2. Use VersaMark and stamp your image.
3. Cover your stamped image with embossing powder, turn over and knock off excess embossing powder into a tidy tray.
4. Heat embossing powder until it is melted using your embossing gun.
Hint 1: Don't swing your embossing gun, hold it steady and once it starts melting your embossing powder slowly move it across the image.
Hint 2: You may want to heat from the underneath side this will help from you burning your embossing powder if you have a problem with that.
Hint 3. If you miss stamping a complete image, go ahead and emboss once your image is embossed you are able to fix by using an embossing pen and lightly draw in the images that you miss, do the embossing powder again and re heat. You will be able to correct your stamped image this way.
If you notice on my card I had to do Hint 3 on the "O" and "U" of Journey but if you are careful you are able to save your project.
Now to tell you a bit about my card: I used the Tim Holtz Visual Artistry "The Journey" Stamp for my compass and for the sentiment. I distress the Basic Grey "Oliver" paper before I placed it on my card base. Added some burlap to the left side of the card before I placed my compass on to the card. Added a few black gemstones to the center and to the paper on the card. My "Thinking of You" stamp is from the Messages Stamp Set of Hero Arts. I hope my helpful hints help you to emboss and please feel free to share in the comments anything else that you think would be helpful information on embossing. Hugs Pammejo