ONE STAMP - TECHNIQUE THRUSDAY!!!!
I am excited to announce that on Thrusdays I am going to try very hard to show you how to take "one" stamp and use it with different techniques.This week I selected the Hero Arts Flower Wreath. I just fell in love with and thought it would be a good stamp to start with. There are 4 cards this week, I used a rust colored cardstock along with a My Minds Eye Tickled Pink 6x6 paper pad.
Card #1 - Stamp image on a pattern piece of paper and then again on a smaller pattern paper. Taking the smaller pattern paper fussy cut some of the flowers out, these you will use with pop dots to give a "layered" look.
Card #2-Ink wreath with Dusty Concord and Wild Honey Distress Ink. You can ink the stamp using both inks (one nice thing about the Distress Inks you don't have to worry about them cross contaminating but I would still recommend that you always start with the lightest color and than go to your darkest). So ink all at once and stamp once. NOW.... take a H2O pen (if you don't have one, use a small paint brush). Take your H2O and stroke it across the top of your distress ink and paint in the petals of the flowers with your ink. If you use a paint brush make sure to keep it wet but not running with water. You can also use a craft sheet and make yourself a small puddle of water and dip your brush into the water and apply it to the top of the distress ink. Try to remember the wetter the ink the lighter the color, allow your ink to dry between coats to make your color darker. When dry I added a little Glossy Accent to give some of my flowers a raised look.
Card #3-Stamp your image on to a piece of white card stock. Color your flowers in with your favorite markers, mine is done with Copic Markers. I used R83, R85. B00, B02, G12, G14 because I worked this card Copic markers I also used Memento Ink.
Card #4- I stamped my image with VersaMark and then embossed using Zing White Embossing Power. Embossing is a resisted so don't worry about getting your ink on top of it because it will wipe right off. This card is done like Card # 2, you will paint it using the same technique with Peeled Paint, Wild Honey and Fired Brick.
1. Distress each piece with a distressing tool, I used the Tim Holtz distresser but there are a lot of different ones on the market.
2. Ink all edges with Tea Dye Distress ink and a blending tool.
3. Stamp a sentiment in the center of the cards. I used a stamp from another Hero Arts set that I had and the Memento Ink I used on Card #3.
4. Adhere the stamp piece to a pattern 5" x 5" My Minds Eye Tickled Pink Paper.
5. Using your Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher staple the top piece to the pattern paper to give it a cool look.
6. Adhere these two pieces to your 5 1/2" x 11" piece of rust card stock that you have made a card base from to do this all you do is score the 11" length at the 5 1/2" mark and fold in half.
7. Add some pretty ribbon and gemstone to your wreath and your card is ready to send out.
I hope you enjoy learning some new techniques, if you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org